Saturday, March 28, 2015

Truth Telling: I Am a Fraud

I have a confession for you. A big confession.

I am a fraud.

What I often present to the world is a confident, intelligent, kind and hard-working woman.  I spend my days connecting with others, attempting to be a leader instead of a follower and juggling too many hats to mention.

What I really am is a woman who struggles with depression and anxiety on a daily basis. I am an introvert who would nearly always, no matter how fabulous the day’s plans, prefer to stay home under the covers and read. I am quirky and insecure and am always unsure of exactly where I fit in.

I started this blog as a way to connect with others who may feel the same way. I have meet so many lovely people who DO feel this way. And, yet I still masquerade around most days under the same veil of falsified perfection to fit the mold that society expects of me.

I vow to remove this veil, bit by bit. To present myself honestly to the world, however hard this may be.

I vow to live a more authentic life. I invite each in every one of you to join me. 


In honoring our truth, shall each of us be set free.


No comments:

Post a Comment